Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birthdays are so Nostalgic!!

One of the busiest things about having four kids....is they each have their own birthday. My oldest son turned 10 today...I find myself thinking back...10 years ago at this time I was doing this, 10 years ago at this time I was doing this....10years ago I was getting my epidural...and so on. It makes me think of how much has changed in my life.

I am planning my almost 4 year olds birthday party for next month..Aug 22 is his party date. We are trying to plan a huge fundraiser birthday party for him. I am trying to raise money for mastokids, an organization which is dear to my heart. My 4 year old has masto, and may have systemic masto, although I am hoping for the best that he does not. I again, am amazed at how much my life has changed since giving birth to this wonderful child. He has made all of us see life in a different way. We appreciate more. We eat healthier. We plan more carefully. We are blessed to have him. Although, given the chance, I would choose for him to not have masto, it has shown us how lucky we are compared to some. He is alive, growing, learning and thriving every day.

The busy-ness of life sometimes gets in the way of remembering to appreciate things more fully. I think for me, birthdays make me slow down...reflect...appreciate. I'm glad I have four kids...and this is one more reason why...

Have a great day.

No comments: