Monday, August 25, 2008

So Far, So Good

Well, nothing else happened this past weekend. I am hoping for a quiet week ahead. I have several things to do that I'm not looking forward to, but you know how it goes...you just gotta' do it.
I have to schedule some overtime at work. It always sounds like a great idea--work a little extra and earn some much needed extra money. Debt gets paid off earlier, we have a little extra in the bank. But then to actually do it is sooo hard. I can only work midnights, and that is sooo hard. I can't sleep during the day, and it means I'm up for like 36 hours straight or something. Not really great for being a productive, interactive mom who does things with her kids. And then, one night of sleep doesn't make up for two, so it takes like three days to get back to normal. Then you start all over the next week. It's sooo good for our bank account and so bad for me personally. I guess that's what you get when you have four kids. Giving up myself for them is part of the deal.

My husband is doing great. It's been 6 days since he took any medication and he is still having pain, but is handling it well. I am so proud of him for doing this. He seems so much more clear headed! It's surprising how much better he seems now compared to how he was on all those pills. I figure it's going to save us some money, too. He was spending quite a lot every month on all those prescriptions.

I'm taking my youngest to the allergist this afternoon. I think he's allergic to eggs. Which is really a pain because I also think he's allergic to dairy, and those two things are in a lot. At least it's not wheat.

Oh my, he's up from his nap. Gotta go....

No comments: